Friday, March 4, 2011

"Music Girl" Spirit Doll

 
To get things rolling here, I'm posting one of my recent Spirit Dolls. You may have seen her already if you were at my old blog. Her face is hand-embroidered, and among the embellishments hanging from her arms are an amethyst diamond-shaped pendant, a round flower glass bead, and a hand-made painted and varnished G-Clef pendant. Her hair is made of Czech glass seed and bugle beads, and there's a Shisha mirror held on by black and white glass seed bead stacks in the middle. Like all my Spirit Dolls, she has sage (inside with her stuffing) and a Swarovski crystal (hanging with the adornments around her face) for positive energy. River rocks for weight are in her base to allow her to stand. At 10 1/2" she is my tallest Spirit Doll to date. Click photo twice for detailed enlargement.
An additional note to everyone: I cannot thank you enough for still being out there and becoming Followers at my new home. I didn't even have a real "Pinelands Treasures" first post up yet, but you signed on anyhow. That's incredibly heartwarming. I've tried all of your suggestions concerning recovery of my old blog and sorted it out to the point of this realization -- while it may be possible to recover a deleted blog and g-mail account, I deleted more than that. I totally deleted my entire google account; and from what I've read posted by others, it's nearly impossible to recover that. Some have tried by jumping through all the hoops google requires, but they gave up because they either didn't hear back from google, or they were told they had not provided enough evidence (via the original email from google setting up the account) that they were the account's true owner. I did not save that email, so I could not have provided that specific evidence either. Some advised on one of the forums to just start over, that it was not worth the frustration and effort to try recovering a deleted google account. That's when I decided to do just that, and here I am in my new home. To my great surprise and joy, so are you, and I thank you all!

18 comments:

Pat said...

I'm sure I speak for many when I say we are glad you managed to find some of us....and we hope the others that you couldn't contact will end up finding you somehow on their own.

Stray Stitches said...

I became a new follower yesterday and am already thoroughly enjoying your blog. Through your unfortunate error and blogging friends I found you! Your spirit doll is truly amazing.

Elaine Akers said...

Just beautiful. Barbara...did you save in your computer files your old spirit dolls? If so, you could add in one post a photo of all that your lovely dolls from your old blog. Just a thought.

Villa-loredana said...

Nice work, and doll is really cute. Loredana

Deborah said...

So lovely! I'm glad to see her again! Good luck with your new blog!

jennifer said...

Oh, Barbara you are very loved:)

PeggyR said...

I'm happy to see you in blog land again and still would love to own one of your dolls!

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

Wow,wipe the sweat from my brow. I was afraid we'd lost you.
G;ad you're all set.

Linda B said...

I've been gone from following blogs for awhile, so was very happy to get your notice. Now I get to see all your dolls again, right? Beautiful!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh wonderful Barbara! Your spirits sound UP, and I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your beautiful spirit doll! I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of those! ~tina

Its All About Creating said...

I love your new (old) blog! But most of all I love how you have photographed your Music Girl Spirit Doll on the piano keys. WOW! She realy pops. Very creative. -Marlene

Margaret Hall said...

Your spirit doll is gorgeous...Now the creative juices are flowing~!! I went to the old blog and was delighted to get to follow you here...I just need a kick in the behind to get to creating~!! A joy to read about your work...

Katie said...

What a wonderful doll! A great way to start off your (forced) fresh start!

Penny said...

You know I'd follow you anywhere!! I'm so sorry about your losing everything but I'll be looking forward to all the new entries on your new site that we'll get to see.

Gene Black said...

I like her just as much, if not more, on the second viewing.
Glad you are back!

Desert Rubble said...

Love your spirit girl!

My heart goes out to for having lost your blog, I haven't been terribly active on my own blog and haven't had it long, but I know if I lost it, Oh it would be crushing! So I'm here, new follower! looking forward to your new blog =)
Lynn

Barb said...

Love your spirit doll and keep posting what you have done in the past.....I so enjoy them. I love your new home...has a fresh paint smell.

ooglebloops said...

She is still beautiful the 2nd time around!!!