Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Veggie Girl" Spirit Doll

As my husband's vegetable garden seedlings start to poke through the surface of his windowsill seed starter, here is "Veggie Girl" Spirit Doll for April. All of her beads are Czech glass seed beads of various sizes except for some bugle beads and sequins. Her hair is a bead-embroidery ruffle stitch, and her face is back-stitched in rows. The hand-made paper clay bead and pendant hanging with the orange Swarovski crystal from her arm were purchased from Beth Moore Beads on Etsy. As always, this Spirit Doll has sage imbedded in her stuffing for positive energy along with the crystal, and a pouch of polished river rocks in her base allows her to stand freely. At 10 1/4" she is one of my tallest Spirit Dolls. Clicking photo twice provides detailed enlargement.

19 comments:

Elaine Akers said...

What a fun doll. My husband loves to garden too, and has started some of his seeds.

The Other Barb said...

adorable!

Pat said...

A VEGGIE doll...what a terrific idea! We need signs of spring and this sure fits the bill!

PeggyR said...

Oh I just love this doll!

Its All About Creating said...

I love her. She has a different shape which gives the feeling of "growing tall". I am inspired by her bi-colored face. Very interesting to me. She's awesome.

Carol said...

Oh Veggie Girl!!! You look good enough to eat!! Better hide your carrots....oooo...run....I see a bunny!!

Every time I see the next one of your dolls I think "This is the best ever". Veggie Girl tickled me. I LOVE her....see her brown face from working in the sun!

Roberta said...

Oh yes, this is a good one too! I love the fabric!

Kim D. said...

She's adorable, what a clever idea, love how you used the fabrics for her dress. Another beautiful doll.

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

perfect for spring

Stray Stitches said...

Another truly amazing creation!!

Penny said...

I know the whole blog thing has been frustrating but its been fun for us to see each of your dolls once again. Love your use of fabric on this doll.

Gene Black said...

Your bead work is excellent.

jennifer said...

I love her:) and you too.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Oh, how I love your work!!! Absolutely fantastic Spirit Doll.

Melissa said...

Oh I love her!

Beth said...

I love this one!!!

Judy D in WA said...

She is fabulous!

Margaret Hall said...

She is a delightful doll of veggies and spirit~!! Wonderful work and she is a work of art!

Deborah said...

What a great inspiration for a Spirit Doll! She's lovely!