Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another "Kitty Girl" Spirit Doll


This 7 1/2" spirit doll is made from the same fabric as the one 2 posts below, and her glass beads are also seed beads. Additionally, she is studded with sequins and bugle beads. Polished river rocks in her base provide stability, and sage is imbedded there too. Her silver kitty charm is over her heart, and hanging from one arm are a flowered lampwork bead and a Swarovski crystal. It's believed crystals and sage impart protective, positive energy, so I think they are what make her a "spirit doll". The face on this doll was created by Stacie of "Squirrelly Ducks". She knows I enjoy working with faces and graciously sent me her own creations as well as some from others. Thank you, Stacie! I especially love the peaceful look on this face. Kittens have that calming effect on us all!

17 comments:

The Other Barb said...

pretty :)

Its All About Creating said...

The pink is so soft to compliment the face. Another awesome piece.

Whytefeather said...

She's lovely! I am so thrilled that you like the faces and to see one used on one of your beautiful dolls!
Hugs!

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Barbara, she's lovely. I like the way she's showing the way, like she's saying the festival is over there, come on this way, its such a lovely place.
Pretty!

Kim D. said...

Very nice Barb, I love the face too! You do such beautiful work.

Pat said...

Beautiful...and how nice that you were gifted with that pretty face!

Carol said...

Yes, her face is peaceful. And that kitty charm is, well charming!! But I really love her, I'll call it a hat or a crown. I love the effect you created around her face. Another great creation. Love her.
xx Carol

And that Stacie...isn't SHE a doll. Hey, you should do a Stacie doll, full of loving heart because that is how at least I, think of Stacie.

Penny said...

She is lovely and I agree that her face is very peaceful. Once again you've created a lovely doll!

Stray Stitches said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

PeggyR said...

She is really lovely!

bubbygigi said...

Barbara, she's beautiful. I really like her face.
Gita

Julie-ann Bowden said...

She's near outdoors, the place where your dollies are most happy!
Yeah dance with barbara's dollies!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Fanciful and delightful...You are on a roll! Peace, Mary Helen

Barb said...

very pretty....

Robin said...

Sweet little Gipsy has two protective spirit dolls to watch over her... what a great idea!!! I'm a cat person, but never thought to make a spirit doll for our cat. Now I will. I like both faces a lot, but have a special fondness for the bead embroidered face.

Robin A.

Deborah said...

Great piece with so many lovely details!

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Thank you so much Barbara. Lovely to recieve your message this morning, like a ray of sunshine!
Hope you having an amazing weekend!
Hugs!
Julie