Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beaded Spirit Soft Sculptures


I've been enjoying some smaller projects lately, and these are the first two of my Beaded Spirit Soft Sculptures. They can described as small stuffed pillows with positive energy. That's achieved the same way as my Spirit Dolls -- with the addition of homegrown dried sage in the stuffing and a Swarovski crystal attached to the outside. In the case of these cute kitties, the crystal is attached to the ear of one and the glasses of another (easier to see when super-enlarged by clicking twice). These are great fun to make, and I plan to put a few in my Etsy shop soon.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the cats. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

jennifer said...

The three cats on the bottom looks like something I won sometime back. wink wink

bubbygigi said...

Barbara, I love the cats. If I wasn't so allergic to them, I think that I would have a big furry Persian Cat. The hydranga in the first picture is magnificent. The flowers have dried up on my hydranga.

Its All About Creating said...

Again with the details! So clever. They are adorable; especially the kitten in the chair. I know they are printed cloth, but you have given them such personality. Meow-valous!

Carol said...

Hi Barbara. This is a sweet idea. Kittens, of course, just add to the cuteness.
xx, Carol

PeggyR said...

Those are cute.

Penny said...

What a clever idea - and of course you've made them up beautifully. Isn't it fun to have a 'new-to-you' project?!

The Other Barb said...

These beaded creations make me smile :) Love how the photo of the cat is taken in the flowers.

Elaine Akers said...

I love cats,and also have this fabric. Your little beaded cat pieces are simply purr-fect!! Too cute.

Elaine Akers said...

I love cats,and also have this fabric. Your little beaded cat pieces are simply purr-fect!! Too cute.