Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Library Display

I haven't created a lot of new things this summer, but I have been working with my Native American Full Moon Spirit Doll series. They went into the display case at our local public library today and will stay there until the end of August. It took some time to prepare the cards that explain the meaning of the full moon name for each month's doll, and I tried to keep the information short in order to hold the attention of children in the summer reading program. The theme this year is "Differing Cultures", and I was told my dolls fit into that theme very well. This display case faces the front door, and it's fun to know others will see them. It's way better than having them packed away in my closet! ;)

14 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow! that is a wonderful display and will certainly be interesting AND informative for the children (and the adults too, I suspect!)

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!

Yvonne said...

Oh that is wonderful to hear! The library is a great place to display them and I know many children and adults will really enjoy seeing and learning about them. You should submit them all to a magazine also.

ooglebloops said...

Perfect display for your art!! Congrats! Next - a gallery.......

Melissa said...

Well I have to say congratulations not only to you, but to the lucky library-goers who will get to see and learn about your wonderful dolls and the moons!

Whytefeather said...

Wonderful! Very happy for you that your art dolls are out there being displayed!

Deborah said...

Great display! It's nice to see them all together!

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Barbara, your dolls look amazing all together. What a beautiful way of sharing your gift to the world.
Thank you so much for sharing your love!
Hugs!
Julie

Penny said...

What a wonderful display. I love the lighting and having them all together in one place. I know the children will love them (and learn things while they're at it).

PeggyR said...

That is great! A nice feather in your cap! Your lovely positive pillow arrived safely. Thank you it means a lot!

Katie said...

This is really wonderful! How neat to have your amazing dolls displayed!

Michelle said...

How exciting for your dolls to be displayed! I'm sure many will enjoy looking at them and enjoy your creativity! Good job!

Its All About Creating said...

How did I miss this? Congratulations! What a beautiful display and what an inspiration to the children. I am so happy for you. Your art should be in galleries too!

kathyinozarks said...

I love that you were able to share these Barbara