Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Hand-Felted Beaded Vessel


I really love these vessels! The process of hand-felting with Merino wool roving (see photo below), by both the wet method and dry needle-felting method, causes every one of them to be a surprise. I don't plan them other than to use colors I like and think will go well together, and the way they look in the end is usually unknown until they are done. I quit felting when I like what I see. This one turned into what I think is a more primitive shape about 1" in height and 3" wide. The Czech glass seed beads and silver celestial charm sewed on easily. I think this vessel is now done. I seem to be starting a collection of these because I enjoy making them so much, and I can't keep them all, so off to Etsy this one will go!

Here is a blog post that shows the method I like to use step by step.

7 comments:

Pat said...

I am so clueless about the process you use to achieve this. Would it be possible to take photos at various points along the way and post them to show this on your blog? (I'm thinking I might not be the only one who is curious about how you do this!)

Penny said...

Another beautiful vessel. It must be so much fun to 'not know' exactly what you'll get until its together. I would love that uncertainty and experimentation.

PeggyR said...

I love the colors of this one. Yes, please explain how you do this.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the jewel tones an this hand felted vessel. Peace, Mary Helen

Katie said...

Yay! What a great one! I feel the same...can't keep em all! ha! Hurray for wool!

Elaine Akers said...

Another beautiful vessel Barbara. Thanks for sharing the blog with the step by step. :-)

Karen said...

Love the colors and the shape...each one reminds me of a stained glass window. Isn't it nice to be surprised by what you are creating! That's much of the joy. Love the beads and the charm too. You do lovely work.