Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hand-Felted Round Vessel


This is a smaller vessel, 2-1/2" x 1-1/2", that I hand-felted of hand-dyed Merino wool roving. I used both felting techniques, wet felting and needle felting. I embellished it with ten genuine Swarovski glass crystals, so it has tons of positive energy. I also used Czech glass seed beads, and one wet-felted round ball from Beth Moore Beads Etsy shop. The different wool roving colors wrap all the way around, inside and out, as the photos show. This is sturdy enough to hold small items, but I just like looking at it. It's been added to my Pinelands Treasures Etsy shop, and I hope to add similar items there soon. Etsy is a lot like blog-land, a community of people with similar interests having fun with other shop owners. :)

5 comments:

Barb said...

Love it!!!!

Gene Black said...

Very pretty, I love the colors.

Penny said...

Love these colors. You're really doing beautiful work with the felt.

Julie-ann Bowden Heavenleigh Art said...

Love the beads too, the whole felt pot is gorgeous! Hope your having a great week :)

Elaine Akers said...

love the colors of this small vessel