Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hand-Felted Vessel #6


Although I've been away from blogging during the holidays, I'm trying to catch up and eager to get back to my series of hand-felted vessels. This one is 3" in diameter and almost 2" deep. It's made of hand-dyed Merino wool roving both wet and needle-felted. It's beaded with wooden and glass beads of various sizes, and the Buffalo nickel image is a metal button. The photos below show the back and inside. I plan to put it with a couple others on Etsy soon. Happy New Year to everyone!


12 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Your vessels continue to improve in the delicacy of the layers of wool. I love the Indian nickel addition. Blessings ! Mary helen

Whytefeather said...

I've been really enjoying seeing your beaded vessels and your artistic progress with them. So Lovely! I love the bright blue in this one.
Happy New Year!

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

This is beautiful!
I just made a rope bowl/vessel....I will be posting about it soon!

Ciao Bella
Your newest follower
CREATIVE CARMELINA

ooglebloops said...

These are so pretty - on my to do list for 2012 - attempt felting!!!

Penny said...

This is beautiful -- you are 'shining' with this new found art.

Elaine Akers said...

another lovely vessel. I can't wait to see what you will create in 2012.

PeggyR said...

I love your vessels.

Yvonne said...

I don't know how you do it, but they keep getting better and better. I love love love this one.

Katie said...

your vessels are so cool, Barabara! I lovet he Buffalo nickel! neat!

Robin said...

Hey Barbara!! sorry I haven't been keeping up with your blog! you have been making some WONDERFUL things! LOVE all the bowls and your Elvis spirit doll is awesome!!! Wishing you the best for 2012!

Deborah said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. Happy New Year to you!

rubyslipperz said...

I am sooo excited to see your felted bowls!! Yep! I get excited when I see bloggers who love fabric AND fibers!! This is AWEsome! I wannnnnna make one! =)

Thanks for sharing these great photos. =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com