Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fancy Knitted Scarf

I got the idea for this scarf from Gita's "Projects Galore" blog and knitted it with one basic knitting stitch on SZ 15 needles. It's the special yarn that gives it so much personality. The yarn I used is Paton's "Pirouette", but other yarn-makers have similar new yarns. It's a little too fancy (my grand-daughter would say "Fancy Nancy") for me or my daughter, but I'm sure it's perfect for someone else. I'll use it as a gift or it may end up in my Etsy shop. If you are interested in making one, this yarn is available at Jo Anns, AC Moore, or wherever Paton's is sold. I used a coupon and it ended up costing less than $5.00, one ball of yarn is enough. Also, it took no more than a few hours of relaxing knitting to complete. Paton's has a YouTube video to take you through the knitting process step by step. It looks complicated, but it's really very easy, HERE is the link have fun!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Love your scarf!!!! did I say love???

Pat said...

You did a nice job with that, Barb!

Penny said...

What a fun scarf!! I have tried several times to learn to knit and my poor teachers have dispaired! I'm a total klutz. Guess I'll just keep punching!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love this new yarn and would have been terrified to knit with this but I watched the video and I will be looking at our JoAnn's for a ball of yarn to play with. This is simply spectacular and once you get a rhythm in knitting I think the results will be fun to wear! Thank you, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Katie said...

You knit too? You're amazing! I love it!
Your vessel #7 is such a cool shape, too. felt-a-mania!

Robin said...

Very pretty Barbara!! i didn't know that you knit too :) talented lady!

Kim D. said...

Very pretty scarf Barbara! I saw one of these scarves that my friend made just the other day and it was adorable too. What will they come up with next?? What a fun project!

Its All About Creating said...

Wow, your scarf is gorgeous! It's so delicate and the pattern and detail is so interesting. Beautiful!

netdera said...

hmm! very nice

PeggyR said...

I love your vessels as you know. This scarf is lovely also.

Karen said...

Very pretty...love the ruffles. I think I'll have to try this yarn and knitting technique!