Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Dylan" Doll Repair continued


The arms and legs returned, but only one each day (since I had to use pliers to pull the needle and thread through the tough vinyl). The second photo shows Dylan whole once again. I've learned there's been some question about whether Dylan is a boy or girl baby doll. His little "mommy" may have been thinking girl when she used permanent magic marker on the fingernails and toenails, but the new stuffing looks like a body-builder, so I'm thinking boy. Then again, there are male AND female body-builders, and I know some males wear nail polish. Anything goes!

6 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Thank you for saving and reviving Dylan! Some small heart is going to be very happy. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Gene Black said...

Looking Good!

Yvonne said...

Doll repair work is difficult. You did a great job.

ooglebloops said...

Dylan is back to his/her old self!!!! Great job!!!

Its All About Creating said...

A fantastic job! I am amazed. I agree, doll repair is really difficult. Almost looks brand new.

Penny said...

You did a great job on Dylan - I admire your fortitude. You mentioned him being bigger. I would think that it might be easier the bigger the doll (more room to manuever. Love your 'inspector kitty'.