Dylan had an unfortunate encounter with a friend's family dog leaving his "little mommy" heartbroken over the demise of her favorite doll. When I was asked if I know anyone who repairs dolls, I thought how hard can it be? I saw a photo of the damage, recalled I had made dozens of dolls of all kinds, and offered to help. I didn't realize then that Dylan is about 2 feet(!) tall; but that really doesn't make it any harder, just bigger. Above you see his condition on arrival (click photo twice to enlarge).
I started by taking him completely apart and removing what was left of his stuffing. I salvaged as much as I could from his torn body and laid it out to trace a new body pattern. My inspector kitty stayed nearby throughout this process to be sure I did it right, or else she was simply detecting the presence of a destructive dog.
This last photo shows the pattern cut out and ready for assembly. In my next post I'll show his body parts as they make their way back to where they belong, one by one. Dylan has been a very cooperative patient and hasn't complained once. Hopefully my next post will show him fully recovered!