Sunday, March 25, 2012

Full Moon Spirit Doll for March


I need to buy some blog posting time because of having no chance right now to start a new project. So here is a post from my long-lost blog -- my Full Moon Spirit Doll for the month of March. Native American tradition calls this the "Full Crow Moon" because of the cawing of crows that signals the end of winter. This is a stump doll (no legs) with a fiberfill body and a base weighted by polished river rocks. I molded the face of polymer clay, and it's attached with bead stacks. Like all my spirit dolls, it has a sprig of sage inside with the stuffing and a crystal beaded to the outside (on the necklace), both for positive energy. The outlined crow is made of black iridescent seed beads on a yellow batik circle representing the full moon.
What's taking my crafting time right now is settling into a small getaway retirement place for boating and fishing. I'll try to get a photo soon, wish us luck!

13 comments:

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Barb, I wish you both well on your retirement place. I look forward to seeing photos of it oneday. Your spirit doll is lovely. Hugs Judy

Gene Black said...

Enjoy the retirement time. You have earned it.

Rebag said...

Hi Barb! I like so many others love seeing the creative spirits.......but I also know how precious time is..... Enjoy retirement and hope the fish bite.... Post when you can your loyal readers will be here.......I just love your dolls!

Its All About Creating said...

I hope you post ALL your photos from your lost blog. I love seeing them. She is so spiritual. I particularly like the glow from the beaded crow.

Barb said...

How long does it take you to make one of these dolls?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

retirement get-a-way place...fishing...boating...reading..Gosh I've been kicking around the thought that I should retire at 62 and if it would be selfish. We'll see. It sounds better every day.

I love that doll and enjoyed seeing it again.

PeggyR said...

I love the doll. Good luck in finding a retirement place!

Yvonne said...

I'm retired but my husband still works. We moved here as it was once our fishing get away place. Now I'm looking for a place to go away from here. Everyone needs a get away place I believe. Good luck.

Penny said...

Love this figure! Sometimes blogging time has to be reduced for fun, new adventures. And just think of all the new postings you'll have telling us about your new retirement home.

Mother of twenty daughters said...

Oh wow, very strong presence and so noble! Love this doll! :D

Katie said...

What a great doll. And, the crow is great. I love learning about Native American mythology and history. :0)

Kim D. said...

Another beautiful doll Barb.. Congrats on the new retirement place, I'm sure you're going to love it.

Deborah said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Your kitties are adorable!