Saturday, March 10, 2012

Life-size Doll


I saved our daughter's dresses that I made when she was a toddler, and when she outgrew them I made this life-size doll to wear them. The shoes were also our daughter's. They don't fit the doll very well (actually they look painful!), but thankfully dolls don't complain. This is a re-post (from my lost blog of several years ago) that I wanted a friend to see. We are fully enjoying retirement activities these days so I haven't had as much time for blog projects, and I welcomed a reason to post this again.

8 comments:

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Barbara, glad to hear you are enjoying retirement!

I love this idea, the girl and the dress are lovely. I also sewed all of my daughter's dresses but they are long gone. Now, I wish I'd kept them and I could freak her out by having a life sized doll that looks like her sitting in her room with her toddler and pre school wardrobe on!

PeggyR said...

Oh I love her!

Katie said...

She is sooo fun! I imagine little kids wanting to dance with her! Wee!

Its All About Creating said...

I'v never seen this done. What a great idea. It is so adorable. I wish I had saved some of my daughters' dresses because they were gorgeous.

Gene Black said...

What a clever idea! She is a cutie..but those shoes even make MY feet hurt.

The Other Barb said...

I remember making these dolls for our girls. I wonder where Lisa's doll went?

Pat said...

That doll is terrific and what a great idea. I wish I'd thought of doing that. :(

Penny said...

She's so cute. Sounds like you're having all sorts of fun. I've missed you.