Saturday, April 21, 2012

Felted Vessel Again

It's taken awhile to get settled in our little retirement summer place, but getting back to crafting has helped make it our own. This vessel is larger than my others, about 4" in diameter. For the first time I used a balloon as a mold for the wet-felting part, but soapy water on the balloon was too slippery, so I won't do that again. Then I moved on to needle-felting to strengthen it and place some colors. I must add that when I bought some felted beads from Katie of "The Red Tin" blog and Etsy shop, she included some wool and silk roving that went into this vessel. I love the sheen of this roving, it's so pretty. I haven't decided about adding glass beads to this vessel yet. I always want to, but it might look overdone? We'll see. I don't have a camera and computer here, so I'm doing everything with my smartphone. I hope the photo turns out OK.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my god- this is soooo cool Barb! I LOVE how you used the beads and wool. The way you placed the beads is so cleaver! xoxo

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like your felted pieces. I have only wet felted once and wasn't really drawn to the process. You create some pretty cool items. Its evident that YOU do enjoy the process.

The Other Barb said...

I like this design with the little handle. Another pretty vessel~

Pat said...

Great job of posting from your Smartphone. I HATE trying to post to my blog using my phone!!! I can't wait to hear more about this little retirement getaway place! Your vessel is pretty....love the colors.

Gene Black said...

Barbara, it looks lovely like it is. I love the way the colors flow thru the piece.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Barbara, Your felted wool vessel is very lovely. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new retirement home. Hugs Judy

Elaine Akers said...

Glad that you are getting to craft. The smartphone photo came out just great. This vessel is another beauty.
I have a inflatable rubber ball for wet felting, but haven't had a chance to try it out.
Is your retirement place near the beach? Enjoy!!!