Monday, April 23, 2012

National Parks Quilt

This is another post from my lost blog for all my newer blogging friends. I made this quilt from a pattern honoring our country's national parks that was published in a quilt magazine. This is a generously-sized quilt that hangs on our dining room wall. I made it completely from stash fabrics and hand-quilted with outline stitches around the block components. The theme begins with flying geese at the top and descends to the fish underwater with animals, trees, log cabins, maple leaves and bear paws inbetween. It was a fulfilling and fun project!

8 comments:

bubbygigi said...

Barbara, this is a beautiful quilt. I don't think that I saw it before so I am really glad that you're sharing it again. It looks like it is going to be another stay in the house day and hopefully get some sewing done.
Gita

Its All About Creating said...

Gorgeous!The colors are particularly striking for me and I just love the sequencing of the blocks from water, to land, to sky. Beautifully done!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Lovely NP quilt. I do love all our NP. Hugs Judy

Yvonne said...

I love this. It's what I call a 'row' quilt. Lovely colors.

Pat said...

I remember this from the lost blog....loved it then...still love it now!

The Other Barb said...

Enjoyed seeing this again on your blog.

Deborah said...

It's gorgeous!

Katie said...

Love it, Barb! And, I love going to our parks in the summer!