Friday, July 20, 2012

A Table-topper

From wash cloths to table-toppers, our summer place needs a few personal touches. This table-topper is a simple design with instructions that I saved from a quilting magazine in the 90s(!) because it caught my eye. I loved the photo in the article so I saved it with hopes of making one like it someday. It uses dark, medium, and light half-square triangles, and that's about it. In retrospect, I suspect the article and photo appealed to me so much because the title describes it as a "Miniature Quilt". I find I like projects to be smaller as I get older (what's up with that?). I chose to use all batiks since I have an unexplained collection of them, tied the little quilt in a pattern, and it now sits on our coffee table.

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think it is lovely but then I do love batiks.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

It is beautiful! I also love batiks, especially perfect for a summer home. Nice work, as usual.

The Other Barb said...

Wow..this turned out nice~ Wan't it just the other day, it needed some finishing touches? Fast work~

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love these colors...perfect for the upcoming change in the seasons. This has been a rough summer for us and so many in America. Beautiful!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Elaine Akers said...

Beautiful little table topper! I also love batiks and am always buying more.