Saturday, July 28, 2012

Miss Prim

I drew a pattern freehand to make this primitive 12 inch soft doll. Tracing the pattern on fabric, cutting, sewing, stuffing, and assembling went fairly quickly. Then I fashioned a simple primitive dress of muslin by drawing that pattern as well. The hair is made of 100% cotton string, and I used buttons and Perle cotton for her facial features. When she was completely assembled, I gave her a hot tea dye bath for a vintage look. She sits on her own, but being soft-bodied, she needs a little help standing. She's really best just being cuddled.
I'm announcing the re-opening of my Etsy shop Pinelands Treasures with this post. Sad little Miss Prim is now available there and waiting to be adopted.

7 comments:

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Looks to me like your stay at the shore is charging up your creative juices! This is a very dear doll, would be smashing to display or hug and love.

Gene Black said...

She does look sad. Her eyes remind me of the "other mother" in Coraline.

Penny said...

She's so sweet - she definitely needs a hug! Love it that you're getting back to sewing.

PeggyR said...

She is definitely cute! Happy to see you posting again.

The Other Barb said...

Sad "Little Miss Prim" made me smile..is that bad?
What a cute doll~

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy to see you back. I've been missing you! Miss Prim is prim but oh so darling. I see more of her friends showing up shortly.
xx, Carol

Elaine Akers said...

How neat! You certainly have accomplished many projects while summering in your new retirement home. Glad your creative juices are flowing.