Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Simple Knitting

Hi everyone! I received an iPad for my birthday so I'm back here while at our summer location away from my desktop. Now the challenge is to get the creative juices flowing after a few months away. For starters I didn't want to try anything too challenging or time-consuming, so here is a simple knitted 10" x10" washcloth. I used a small ball of Sugar 'n Cream in variegated purples that I love. Then it was just mindless knitting with size 5 needles until the yarn was gone. It feels a bit like cheating to put this on my blog, so there's no need to comment. I just wanted to say I'm still here. If I can learn this Blogger app, I hope to have more interesting things to post soon. It feels good to create something again.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Are you kidding? I love it.
I can't knit and really don't want to learn at this point. But I love the colors. I have a couple of knitted dish cloths that are my favorites.
I do crochet some, and the Sugar and Cream yarn is so nice to work with.

Now, confession time. I saw the "bird" and though it was real. That was a great picture prop.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Hey Barbara, I've been thinking of you! Glad to see your creative juices have not left the building. Hope you are having a wonderful summer with lots of good weather and fun.

The Other Barb said...

The knitted wash cloth that you made for me awhile ago is my favorite cloth. It's getting a little worn out ...*hint*hint* Glad you are back in blogland. Miss my neighbor~

bubbygigi said...

Hi Barbara, I love the colors of this yarn. Knitting mindless things are my greatest way to relax. Enjoy yourself.
Gita

Its All About Creating said...

I love the photo and display as much as the gorgeous knitted washcloth! Great colors. -Marlene

Jennifer Gail said...

I want to leave a comment:) I know how to make a chain stich but that's as far as I got. Love the colors

Beth said...

Sugar n' Cream is my favorite! :)

Elaine Akers said...

Hi Barbara..nice to see your posts on your blog. My aunt makes lots of those crochet wash cloths, but she uses light colors and they stain so easily.