Saturday, September 8, 2012

Knitted Felted Vessel, part 1

I've been knitting mindlessly lately, but this is not mindless. I wanted to knit "in the round" so I'd have a vessel to felt. With the help of You Tube, I've learned the knitting technique with 5 double-pointed needles. These 2 photos show the start and half-way through a knitted vessel. I'm using Bernat's Natural Wool yarn for felting and will hopefully have a completed vessel to show in my next post. Before then it will have gone through a very hot bath with lots of agitation. I think my washing machine will do that. :) I hope it turns out well, stay tuned!

4 comments:

The Other Barb said...

I can only crochet & that is with 1 needle..Can't imagine using 5! Looking forward to seeing the finished vessel~

Penny said...

Love the color of the yarn - it looks very much like basket colors.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

This is so interesting...I am curious to see what develops in the near future! have a great relaxing weekend! Peace, Mary Helen

Katie said...

This is so cool. And it turned out great.