Sunday, January 20, 2013

Flying Geese Across the Floor

I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street" Mystery Quilt that some other bloggers have also been doing (some are even done!), and here is my Step 4, MANY flying geese. Instead of buying the recommended colors, I dug deep into my stash for all fabrics. So this quilt will be very scrappy. This project has taken time, and although I'm a long way from showing a finish, I decided I deserve another blog post for my effort. So here you have it, Step 4, and I'm only doing half the full-size quilt! ;)

7 comments:

bubbygigi said...

Barbara, that is a lot of flying geese. Someone at Sit and Sew brought in the mystery quilt in coordinated fabrics with most of the blocks sewn together. It looked very interesting. I love scrappy quilts and I'm sure that yours will be beautiful.
Gita

Katie said...

What a fun project. Oh, I haven't done a flying geese block in a while. Can't wait to see it finished.

Robin said...

Lol those geese are headed north! Im working on piecing my easy street blocks now...6 more to go...stick with it and you'll be done before you know it!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love this... I can hardly wait to see the completed quilt! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great project!
Hey, I got some flying geese I'd like to send your way. I warn you though, it could get noisy ~lol~
xx, Carol

Penny said...

A big pat on the back - lots of work here! Its looking really good.

Beth said...

You've inspired me to finally work on my wall-hanging :)