Saturday, January 12, 2013

"A Handmade Blog"

I have been trying to persuade my daughter to start a blog for her creative things for a long time, but she was always content to just share them on Facebook. So, I tried Facebook. I really tried very hard numerous times, but I failed miserably and ended up deactivating my account. When my family vowed to never(!) "friend" me again, I had to admit that Facebook just isn't for me.
So, I'm very happy to see my daughter's new blog! If you like knitting, you may enjoy her first post. I like her title, "A Handmade Blog", and it's on my list of blogs that I follow on the right.


7 comments:

Robin said...

I love knitting too, so I'll add your daughter's blog to my sidebar! Beautiful socks!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm with you on FB. I rarely go. So glad your daughter joined the Blog World.
xx, Carol

Yvonne said...

FB is for quick little blurbs unlike blogs where you can write so much more.....and that I enjoy. My kids talked me into FB so I could see their photos all the time. I like it okay. I will check out your daughters blog.

The Other Barb said...

Beth did a great job on these socks! She's a natural at knitting !

Penny said...

Beth's blog is very nice -- quite professional looking (guess she's good at knitting and blogging)!! I'm with you about Face Book -- not my 'thing'!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I try to stay attentive on facebook ...and even have an account but to be honest I value my circle of blog artists so much more. Beth did a great job on her socks...must be genetic! :0)! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Katie said...

That's exciting! I will check it out.
I am not much into facebook either. I have one for my etsy shop, it's different, and I can't even "friend" people anyway. ha! I can only make other business pages faves. I think I'll stick to blogging!