Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Is This Vintage Yet?

I'm showing a delightful gift from my neighbor, fellow blogger, and friend, Barb of Stampin' Quilter. She made this little doll in 1986 for the birth of our daughter. Dolls were new in our house since we already had 3 boys, and I think this may have been our new baby girl's first doll. Now our daughter is almost 27, about to get married, and has a blog of her own, A Handmade Blog. This sweet doll still sits on a shelf in our house, and has become a reminder to savor each day because time passes all too quickly. Do you think it's "vintage yet"? Just wondering and sharing.

10 comments:

Katie said...

This is so sweet. Time flies, doesn't it. :0)

Yvonne said...

So nice to keep things for years.

PeggyR said...

This is cute.

The Other Barb said...

Time goes by quickly & so does our minds...I looked at this & said to myself" Oh, didn't Barb & I make these years ago ?"LOL Yes we did~

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am so impressed that you have such a sweet young woman...on the brink of her life. This is an incredible act of kindness. Peace and blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's vintage if you want it to be! ~lol~ Darlin' Doll.
xx, Carol

Stacie said...

Cute doll! Not sure on vintage, I think anything over 20 years old?? For some reason when I think vintage I think of things from the 40's and 50's. Time certainly does fly.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

She is a beautiful doll and she carries such a wonderful story within her.

If she arrived in a thrift shop, she would be considered "vintage," as someone would consider the fabrics, details and techniques to be ones of a certain era over 20 years ago.

Beth said...

I remember this doll and how much I loved it. Thanks for the nostalgia :)

Its All About Creating said...

It's adorable and, yes, time passes all too quickly! I have the "dough" creations my children made in preschool in my china cabinet reminding me of those precious moments in life.