Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kitty Bed All Done

It wasn't easy to finish this project. Whenever I thought about I, I found my kitty in the unfinished bed and didn't want to disturb her (photo below). But I got lucky today, and I think it's a hit!
-----------------
A later PS: Some of you have asked how this can be cleaned. Truth is, I didn't give that a thought! It was was so darned cute in the photo I saw that I just ran with the thought of making it. I guess the first thing is to make sure the sweater is washable, so don't use wool (mine is acrylic). Second, stuff the arms that make the bed round with washables. I used old cotton towels. I also put three flat layers of leftover fleece in the bottom to make it feel cushy. Now, even though I have all washable parts, I don't think it can be thrown into the machine and agitated. I think that would pretty much destroy it. So, it is either going to be taken apart to be washed, dried, then reassembled (hah!), or washed gently by hand in which case I don't know how it would completely dry. To be honest, I'm just hoping it won't get dirty! LOL




9 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a very happy and warm little kittie. I looked yesterday at Goodwill but I have to ask how will this bed be cleaned? I wash the dog bed...both dogs share and jump in with 8 muddy feet! You have the picture. My cat is almost 21 years old..so I want something soft to keep her warm and soft! Happy Valentine's Day! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was wondering how you would clean it also....its so cool!

Gene Black said...

I was wondering if you would ever be able to finish it..It looks great.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!! I am working at the thrift shop tomorrow and I am gonna get me a couple of sweaters to play with! Expect questions to come your way.

Your kitty looks pretty darn pleased I'd say.

underatopazsky said...

That is so cool - and your cat really seems to appreciate it! So glad you found my blog via Penny and thanks very much for visiting and taking the time to leave a message!

Penny said...

A 'komfy-kozy kitty'!! Darling little bed. Just tell kitty he needs to wipe his paws before he settles in!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

What an adorable idea! I know my kitties would love these, too. Have a super day!

yoborobo said...

That is so cute! You can't just toss it in the washer? :)

Its All About Creating said...

I love seeing kitty in her new bed. The bed is a great idea--I would never think about the washing part. I agree, I don't think it could be thrown in the washer. But, it sure turned out great! It is adorable and kitty loves it.