Friday, March 29, 2013

An Eye Pod

The same week I received one of The Red Tin's sweet lavender sachets, I saw lavender buds for sale in a gift shop. I had no idea what I would do with them, but I had to try something, so I bought a bagful. It sat on my desk waiting for an idea, then I decided to somehow combine them with felting and beading. So here it is, my first lavender filled, hand -felted, hand-beaded (glass seed beads and cabochon) Eye Pod. I know that's a bad pun, but I felt like I was being watched when it was done! I have more coming in different colors and sizes, and I'm sure some of these little 4"x2" sachet pods will end up in my Etsy shop.



10 comments:

The Other Barb said...

you are branching out from the vessels. pretty ! and i'm sure it smells pretty too~

Elaine Akers said...

pretty colors and a great idea for containing your lavender.

PeggyR said...

Oh I love it!

Yvonne said...

Nice!

Penny said...

Eye pod indeed!! Its lovely and a lovely way to combine felting and beading and lovely lavender.

Its All About Creating said...

Laughed out loud again! Great pun! Lovely colors and beautiful beadwork. Clever idea by a very talented artist.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great Pun! AND a great idea!

underatopazsky said...

That's such a lovely and very different idea to the traditional pouch - love it!

Teresa Kline said...

great idea, I bet they smell wonderful...hoppe you have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

yoborobo said...

Best pun, ever! And so pretty, too. Happy Spring! xo