Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fabric Box

Stampin' Quilter Barb and I bought the same fabrics to make this Fabric Box, but the finishing touches like quilting and buttons are personal preferences. So I know Barb's will look different. It can be put to good use holding anything, or displayed just as is. I might use this one for a thread-catcher. Post yours when it's done Barb, I can't wait to see it!

PS: No stiffening is needed, just two fabrics with batting between. This is SUPER EASY, here is the tutorial. I don't know how to make it a hot link on my iPad, please copy and paste:

http://seaside-stitches.blogspot.com/2013/03/fabric-box-tutorial.html



7 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love the nautical theme. What did you use to "stiffen" the box?

PeggyR said...

I love it, was it hard to do? They do make stiffen products for fabric. I have some that sprays on. I used it on my bunny ears and it did great!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love this little box...so many treasures to hold and protect. Have a blessed weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

The Other Barb said...

Great job Barb! This is so cute! My fabric is still laying on my cutting table, waiting for it's turn. LOL

Its All About Creating said...

Fabrics and buttons are so colorful. It's pretty as well as functional. Beautiful job!

Yvonne said...

Cute! Very useful and pretty!

Robin said...

super cute!!! thanks for the link too!