Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vintage Crazy Quilt Teddy Bear

I've been working on this bear for a long time, on and off. He started with my sit and sew group where a vintage crazy quilt top was donated. Four of us used this top to cut out pattern pieces for a teddy bear; and now, much later, I have declared mine done! His fabrics are varied, almost all of them feel silky. I embellished him with glass beads, embroidery, tiny buttons, wool felt paw pads, and some vintage lace. He overlooks the dining area in our getaway bay place. I thought I might put him in my shop, but now I'm attached and think he has found his forever home.

9 comments:

Penny said...

He is adorable! I'm glad you love him and want him with you -- what a nice greeter he'll make as you go back and forth.

Yvonne said...

How pretty. Love the lace on his foot and paw.

PeggyR said...

Oh I love him. I would probably keep him as well.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Oh Barbara ...I think this little bear is heart work and you should keep her / her with you. Love and Peace today...it is beginning to slowly warm up here...we were in the 20's in the early morning...but heading for 45 to 47 with sunshine. LOL. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

This guy is absolutely grand! It's easy to see that he was a big assignment with lots of important details, and they all look so well done. Good job!

yoborobo said...

That bear is adorable! I love all the stitches, and the little lace on the bottom of his paw. So cute! xo

Barb said...

Your bear is sooooo adorable!

Robin said...

He's beautiful! I wouldn't part with him either so I don't blame you for hanging on to him!

Its All About Creating said...

Wow, stunning! I love the detail of the little crocheted doilies on the souls of her feet. The color combinations are exceptional. Love her sophisticated expression!