Monday, June 24, 2013

Quirky Rag Doll Surprise

Unplanned things happen a lot when I'm making something, and this doll has turned into a 10" stump art doll instead of a rag doll! There are glass pellets in her base for standing weight along with a sprig of dried sage, my usual addition for positive energy. I tried legs and hair and didn't like either, but I did add some glass beads to her eyelashes. Her chest has the center of a real ocean-tumbled sand dollar that I found on the beach. It's held on by a blue "midnight sparkle" round glass bead. I think she is done now, and I'm still looking for just the right name. Please comment with as many names as you can think of,  and I'll send a little prize for the one I like best!

6 comments:

PeggyR said...

Glad to hear someone else changes things, etc. Oh let's try "Zee"

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I think you gave birth to her ...on the eve of the beautiful Super moon...she needs a name a name with character...Bella de Luna. She is absolutely wonderful...Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Gene Black said...

I have a hard time naming things. I am coming up blank on this.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

She was born under the wonderful June full moon.
Strawberry Moon, or Rose Moon feels appropriate.

Penny said...

Love here eyelashes -- she looks so surprised by life. I think I'd name her 'Ohhhh'!

underatopazsky said...

Blodeuwedd (Blod-ei-eth) - because she reminds me of owls and flowers. She was a woman in Welsh mythology who was created from flowers and became an owl. Story here: http://www.visitwales.co.uk/about-wales-guide-to-wales-culture-people-and-language/literature-welsh-literature-writers-poets/blodeuwedd/