Saturday, July 20, 2013

Knitted Sampler

I'm going to knit the ring pillow for our daughter's September wedding, and I wanted to try different designs. I only know two stitches, knit and purl, but they can be used to create numerous patterns. This is a little sampler I did of a few of those patterns, and I will choose one of them for the ring pillow. I have some embellishing ideas too, and I will post it here when done. In the meantime, this little sampler, which is made of 100% cotton yarn, will become my newest dishcloth!


JUST FOR FUN
What a kitty looks like on a deck in extreme heat!


5 comments:

Elaine Akers said...

My 6 cats have been sprawled on the floor in front of the A.C in the living room for days. This heat and humidity is for the birds. I don't mind the high temps but the humidity is killer.
I wanted to take my grand daughter to the zoo yesterday, but it was too darn hot to leave the house during the day.

Its All About Creating said...

Your kitty is hysterical. The sampler is so lovely. I cannot wait to see the pillow.

PeggyR said...

What a cute cat. Our heat wave has past, but the humidity is still there. It has not been a pleasant summer.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I LOVE your orange cat...what a character!!! Love Mary Helen

Beth said...

All you need to do fancy knitting stuff are those two stitches. I can't wait to see it! :)