Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Weaving!

Like a kid, I've been playing with an empty box this afternoon. Following the tutorial on Gene Black's blog, I now have a "loom" that cost nothing, and I'm trying weaving with some left-over yarns. I've discovered weaving is meditative, thus addicting, and I like it! Does that mean there's an expensive weaving loom in my future? Maybe, but not anytime soon. I want to play with my empty box more before I decide. Think I'm just a big kid at heart. I'll post an update as I go. As almost always, I have no idea how this will look in the end!



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Barbara, I got hooked from doing just that one piece on the box loom. And I wanted a nicer result and a bigger piece. So I have a rigid heddle loom on the way. The loom I am getting also FOLDS in half to save space - it can even be folded in the midst of a project without affecting your work. If anyone else is looking for my "how I made a box loom" post it is at http://blog.geneblack.com/2013/08/project-weaving.html

Penny said...

I love doing 'new-to-me' things -- always a fun adventure. Looks like we might get to see some weaving in your near future.

The Other Barb said...

I can totally see you enjoying this Barb!

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Oh Barbara! I have box envy now, this looks like so much fun, and I know you will do something that no one else would ever think of as you go along. I look forward to seeing your creations emerge from your box.

Beth said...

I really want to try this!

Its All About Creating said...

This is so cool. How creative. Leave it to you to create beautiful art from practically nothing.