Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Loom Piece Finished

Things did not go perfectly with hand-weaving this first piece on my new oak frame loom. My vision of creating a table runner or tote was abandoned as I ran into issues with the uneven selvage sides. I tried a few corrections, but had little success. Since weaving this way is a slow process, I finally decided not to invest more time in this particular piece. However, I learned a lot along the way, and my loom has already been tweaked to give better results next time. 
So, what about this piece? It's on my wall, and I'm calling it "Art". 



4 comments:

  1. I like it and I love the way you finished the fringe. I have an idea for the side tension, but not sure I can describe it. I will have to think about it a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice little piece. Mistake? never, ART always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful to me! I love the sides. Art indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!