Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Wooden Loom - Finished!

This 14" x 18" loom is really done now and ready for me to start weaving. For those of you who wonder how this will work, look at this photo. Take notice of the row of nails top and bottom and the removable steel rods held on by metal eyes on the sides. When I put the "warp" yarn on the nails and start weaving, I'll post a couple more photos. I think you will really see the process then. A big thanks to my personal wood worker husband who has spent the last two days on finishing touches. This is not only functional, but it's also very pretty. He made it from pieces of left-over oak. I'm *SO* excited about this loom!


5 comments:

  1. Barbara, I can't wait to see what you're going to weave. The loom is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun...you and Gene looming away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really curious...what are the steel rods for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a lovely loom. Such a talented family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I bought a picture frame to use. But I am also wondering how the rods are used. I'm thinking you might use them to weave the yarn around on the sides to keep the sides straight and to help with weaving tension. Gene and I await your reply ~lol~
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!