Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ghoulie Gallery Addition

I've been experimenting lately, but I still enjoy making dolls the most. This is my latest spooky addition to my Ghoulie Gallery. Her body was cut from hand-woven fabric (yarns and fabric strips), and her eyes and belly-button are vintage buttons. There is also a button under each of her arms. Her mouth is a vintage sash buckle, and I embellished her with silvered glass seed beads. Her pigtail is braided from woven yarn ends, and it has a Swarovski crystal for positive energy. She also has home-grown dried sage inside, for good vibes as well. The second photo shows the vintage button print I used for her back. She really isn't that scary, but she thinks she is. 

If you haven't entered my giveaway in the post below, please do so. I'll announce the winner soon! 



8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

She's just ugly! But oh so cute at the same time. I had a boyfriend like that once!
xx, Carol

PeggyR said...


She is definitely different!

Gene Black said...

Ha ha..I agree with Carol --well on the first part anyway.

Pamela Smallcomb said...

Cute! I love her mouth. I think she's singing. :) It's so fun to make these little guys, right? AND we get to play with buttons!

Penny said...

What fun she is - only don't tell her that she might think she isn't scary.

The Other Barb said...

LOL!! I think she needs LOTS of sage for good vibes~ Just saying. You know me well enough for me to say..." not my style" but I'm happy that you are having fun~ I can hear you giggling at this comment :)

bubbygigi said...

I like the belt buckle mouth. That was very inventive. She kind of grows on you.

Its All About Creating said...

That one tuft of hair just gets me. Can't stop giggling. Love the mouth too. You are so creative.