Thursday, April 17, 2014

String-Blocking my Scraps

Many were making "string blocks" awhile ago, but I was busy beading and doll-making. I've been wanting to try something different, so now I'm catching up to everyone else. These blocks are fun, maybe even addicting, anything goes (even intentionally off-kilter, especially the second one because I really like the pink fabric), and I surely have heaps of scraps.


They are foundation-pieced and work up very fast. Here's one more for today. Photos aren't the same size, but the blocks are all 6 inches square. 


9 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

these are perfect to sew into a quilt or even a pillow-perfect way to use up scraps and make into a quilt-have fun

The Other Barb said...

These look great Barb~ Glad you are doing a little quilty-type sewing~A fun way to use scraps!

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.. You know I like the off kilter one. And the pieced strip in the bottom one adds a little something special too.

Penny said...

What a perfect project for using fabrics that you love, but don't have enough to do anything larger. Fun to mix and match the patterns and colors too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool!! Love the off kilter! Love it. And best is using scraps and doing a new technique. I'm making hexies for the first time ever. I need an armchair craft and am tired of crochet.

Happy Easter.

PeggyR said...

Those look great! Have a Happy Easter!

Jennifer Gail said...

Addictive I tell ya:)

sewyouquilt2 said...

they are addictive for sure. I have a pile of them waiting to become a quilt or a border or what have you.......have fun!

Its All About Creating said...

I love the pink one too! These are so freeform; love them.