Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Woven Sampler

I'm calling this a "sampler" because it has a little of everything I've learned or wanted to try. I just added what struck me at the moment, and there is no organization to texture, color, or design. The brighter greens, yellows, and reds through the middle are fabric strips instead of the darker rows of yarn top and bottom. I guess the plus side is it will fit in any color scheme. It's still on the loom so I'm not done yet, but I needed something ASAP to keep my blog from getting too stale! 


5 comments:

  1. fun to just weave up something, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you shared Barabara-looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Unstructured is great, not everyone can achieve such a lovely look that way. I always have a great big pile of 1/4 to 1/2" strips of fabric from squaring before cutting.... I use them as ribbons on gifts, but can see them fitting into your weavings -- shall I make a pile for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A free spirit creation - those are often the best kind. I love the fabric weaving for the texture and the colors you have gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative. The lighter colors really balance it out. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!