Monday, May 19, 2014

Baby Morning Glories

My Morning Glory seedlings are getting ready to start climbing. By summer's end I hope for large blue trumpet-shaped flowers and thick green heart-shaped leaves. My Grandmother grew these every summer on strings tied from her front porch railing to the roof of her old house along the Delaware River. As the vines climbed and filled the spaces between the strings, my sister and I would rock on a creaky metal glider in the green glow of the sun on the foliage. Ah, a treasured childhood memory. 
  

4 comments:

  1. Morning Glories are such lovely flowers, and even more so for you, with the memories they summon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love morning glories-I have the grandpa otts variety they are large purple ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful memory and now you are recreating it and making new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful memory. Can't wait to see them in their glory.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!