Friday, May 16, 2014

Local Quilt Store Clearance

I'm sad to see a favorite shop close, but it's nice to have a chance to buy some special fabrics at a discount. If you know the work of American artist and illustrator Bessie Pease Gutmann, you may recognize the figures on this beautifully soft fabric. The artist lived from 1876 to 1960, and her original paintings are extremely rare. However, prints of her works are readily available. I plan to use this fabric for making my Mini Beaded Spirit Pillows, and I hope to add them to my Etsy shop. 



2 comments:

  1. these will make great pillows. so cute. When one of our local shops closed I found Dick and Jane material. I don't think I've used it yet.
    Have a great weekend.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric, I know you will use it well. And, yes, sad when a favorite nearby little shop closes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!