Thursday, June 26, 2014

Frustration!

This is my first "Eye Spy" quilt in progress. I thought it would be quick and easy, but after being away from my sewing machine for awhile, there were issues. For starters, I had apparently forgotten how to thread my machine(!), and I had to find the manual to do it right. Adding insult to injury, I then sewed some of the two-block units together with one block upside-down (2nd photo). This quilt was supposed to be a birthday gift in two weeks, but time is needed to make it right, so I decided it will be a Christmas gift instead. Then I went shopping for a birthday gift. 



6 comments:

  1. Well, it will be cute for sure! I have forgotten how to thread my machine MANY times ~lol~
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me a chuckle this morning!! How many times have each of us gone through the threading problem, or sewing something on upside down, backward, crooked - too many I'm sure. This is going to make a wonderful Christmas gift *smile*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to rip with almost every project. It will be a great present for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, been there, done that. Frustrating for sure! But what a great holiday present! It is going to really be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I'm sure it will turn out great whenever you get it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!