Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Downton Abbey Fabric Box

Andover fabrics recently designed a line inspired by the characters in the TV show, "Downton Abbey". I love all of these fabrics and purchased a bit of these two -- "Mary's Plume in Rouge" and "Mary's Berry in Rouge". I wasn't certain what I would do with them. I only knew I really liked them. The result is this fabric box, my largest at 6" square and 4" tall. I recently also bought an eBay lot of vintage buttons, and these square white glass buttons with silver accent were among them. They seemed perfect for this piece, and I've decided I'm definitely keeping this one!


5 comments:

  1. Those buttons add a touch of class...just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Perfect fabric combination. And the buttons make just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your fabric boxes are so pretty. I need to try making one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! Buttons are the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your container is beautiful. I love both of the fabrics. When I have time, I'll have to find a place near me that sells them. Your rescued plant is very interesting. I've never seen that plant before. Ellen rescued a focus tree from the trash many years ago and I've been nursing it along ever since.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!