Friday, June 6, 2014

Another Sewing Room

We are at our bay place for the boating and fishing season, and I miss my sewing room at home.  So I got this workhorse Kenmore at a yard sale for only $15.00. 


Then I picked up this universal walking foot at another yard sale for only $1.00. 


Now a sewing machine cover was needed, so I fashioned this one out of leftover pre-quilted fabric. 



Lastly, I needed a table for all of this, and I found this heavy wooden table with a laminated top at a local thrift shop for only $5.00. I had the light and iron at home, both extras. I made the small pressing board out of a piece of wood from my husband's workshop, covered it with batting and boat-themed fabric stapled in place.


Now I'm good to go whenever we are here at the bay. Only on rainy days, though!

10 comments:

  1. What good finds you made. I grew up with a Kenmore sewing machine and all of my sewing machines (except for a time when I had an antique Singer) have been Kenmores. They are workhorses and I love mine. So nice to have a set up for sewing when you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be happy as a kid in a candy shop. What a great day! They were waiting just for you. Lucky. I miss my Kenmore. I haven't been to a garage sale in a long time. Kinda have the urge now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, the cover you made is beautiful. Perfect for the bay with the blues of the water and sky. Fits so perfectly too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about some good finds, you did it!!!! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored! I love the cover - all those soft blues together. I hope you're having a wonderful time, and soaking up some sunshine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a yard sale champ. I love all of your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!! you think like me-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking a frame loom would fit quite neatly under that table and not be in the way at all. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great finds Barbara! I too have to have my crafting space at the lake, however, I wasn't quite as thrifty as you, much to my husband's chagrin. I love those old Kenmore machines, they are workhorses and a walking foot for $1, yippeeee. Hope there's not too many summer days where we are at our sewing centers, but if they come, we are both all set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's some pretty impressive thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!