Saturday, July 19, 2014

An Amazing Rummage Sale Find!

I have trouble walking away from American Indian items, no matter how kitschy they may be. My Grandmother's maiden name was Hawk, and I've always been told she was part American Indian. In spite of not having official documentation, I have a family tree that goes back to where the name entered my family, and that has always been enough for me. This 18" tall molded plaster bust jumped out at me as I entered the tiny south Jersey country church rummage sale. I was prepared for a higher price, but found the seller had just marked him down to $1.00. As it turns out, she could not make change for my $20.00 bill, so I offered to pay her $1.00 in change. As I counted that out, I ended up with only 90 cents. She said "That's OK, just give me whatever you have" so I got him for only 90 cents. My husband just smiles and shakes his head, but I say "Whatta buy"! 


6 comments:

  1. Wow -- not only is he 'cool' but he was almost a 'freebie' -- who could turn down all that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd a bought him in a MINUTE. I have a 4' Indian that someone left in an apartment when Terry still was working. He has been in my garden ever since. Sometimes I glance out my window and forget he's there and am startled for a second that someone is in our back yard ~lol~ I love Indians. And Terry's grandmother was Cherokee too. A natural attraction for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you did get a great deal! He is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!