Thursday, July 31, 2014

Handmade Paper Update

Today I made this small piece of handmade paper. It has better thickness than my last post, more color, and is the diameter of a tin can. I've orderd a real mold, but until it arrives I'm using...you guessed it, a tin can. It's a great elementary school craft. I'm a late bloomer once again! 


I decided to use it for backing a photo of my friend's grand-daughter (now all I need is better printer ink). I'm thinking that with some pretty ribbon, these small handmade papers could become gift tags. 


4 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

love it-I always wanted to make papers-just not enough time for everything it seems-love it with the photo-

Gene Black said...

I started making paper once. When we tried adding color it was too garish and we lost all enthusiasm for making it. We also never got paper that we liked. I do like the gift tag idea though.

Penny said...

You're on a roll! Its fun to go back to grade school sometimes *smile*.

Its All About Creating said...

The gift tags are a fabulous idea! The photo idea is really special. Love the combination.