Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Antique or Vintage?

These pieces were stitched by my Mother, probably in the 1920s/30s. While helping to clean out after Dad's passing, Mom found these and said she would never finish them. I was interested, so she was glad to give them to me. The long linen dresser scarf has printed blue lines for embroidery, and the three smaller pieces that match and make a set were embroidered free-hand. I don't yet know what I will do with them, but Mom also has some old hankies for me, so I'll wait until I get those to decide. I need ideas, what would you do with these special items??


PS: My new mascot, Boomer, looks on. He was a joke gift during a particularly challenging winter when deer reatedly ran into my car on the road. ;()

4 comments:

Its All About Creating said...

I don't have any ideas, but just water to say how lovely they are and what treasures to have from your mom.

Penny said...

What about a lap quilt - adding other fabric (vintage?) to your collection?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

They are lovely. I have an unfinished piece that was given to me that was found when my biological mother died. i stored it in the attic because it has no real meaning to me. But if it did, I'd finish it and use it on my dresser.
xx, Carol

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O, I forgot. Definitely Vintage. Sounds so much more romantic, doesn't it!
xx, Carol