Sunday, October 26, 2014

An Awesome Group

I joined a Facebook group for making and swapping Mini-Quilts. I received my swap partner's quilt yesterday, it's about 16" square. At first glance I thought Sunbonnet Sue was machine-embroidered, but then on closer inspection I realized it was done by hand! I asked my partner to be sure, and she did indeed stitch Sue by hand. If you enlarge the photo, you may see the incredible amount of work and difficulty that went into this. The backing fabric is delightful too, and everything about this little quilt is perfectly color coordinated. I love it!



4 comments:

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

That is just adorable! Lucky, lucky, you! Have a super day.

Penny said...

Very cute!

Barb said...

That is an awesome talent to have and now you are enjoying that talent!!

Its All About Creating said...

I'm learning about quilts. There is so much one can do in quilting. I like the frame effect and the embroidery is beautiful.