Monday, January 26, 2015

Silk Cocoon Mini-Book

I bought silk cocoons and showed them a few posts back. They are naturally white, so I dyed some for crafting. We all get ideas from the web, blogs, Pinterest, etc., and I've wanted to try making a mini-book with a silk cocoon since Katie of TheRedTin blog originally made one a few years ago. I've tried to put my own spin on it by using my handmade paper for the book's pages. This paper has many things embedded in it including lavender buds, grass clippings and weed seeds. I've done my own style of simple beading, but I plan to do different stitches on the next one. This cocoon is tea-dyed and has 8 pages, each with it's own special word collage. Alhough silk cocoons appear to be fragile, they are actually very sturdy and take handling well. Yet you can still see delicate silk threads if you look closely. Thankfully, I enjoy working small!





8 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

oh wow too awesome Barbara

Debbie said...

That is so cute, amazing working so small.

Its All About Creating said...

OK, that is just too clever! Genius. Handmade paper and all!

The Other Barb said...


How neat! You are always into something new~

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! Where do you get these ideas!!

Barb said...

You certainly have such a clever and creative process....love it

Penny said...

Oh my gosh!!!! They are ever so tiny -- how did you work that small. They're wonderful!!!

Penny said...

Oh my gosh!!!! They are ever so tiny -- how did you work that small. They're wonderful!!!