Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Silk Cocoons

These 1 1/2" white silk cocoons were offered on Etsy uncut with a dead silkworm still inside, but I didn't want to deal with cutting and removing the worm. Thankfully, the seller was willing to do that for me before shipping. They are very sturdy, and I have some crafting ideas for them. However, at this point, I'm just experimenting with dyeing some them. The tan ones are tea-dyed, and the red and green took a couple drops of food coloring. More to come! 



5 comments:

Barb said...

It will be interesting to see what you do with them.

Its All About Creating said...

Are you kidding me??? How in the world did you happen upon this idea? I cannot wait to see where this is going. I LOVE their texture and shape. Wow. I'm so excited.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Marlene stole the words right out of my stunned mouth. ~lol~
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

We are all so curious about this project... And I wonder what the cocoons are sold to be used for.

Penny said...

Gee they look good enough to eat!! Just kidding of course *smile*.