Monday, February 23, 2015

Easy Homemade Lip Balm/Moisturizer

Only 3 ingredients needed:  

Coconut Oil,  Beeswax,  Vitamin E oil


Measure 2 parts coconut oil to 1 part beeswax in a microvable container (tip: if the coconut oil is hardened, melt it in microwave until pourable). The beeswax can be chipped into small pieces for measuring. I used 1/2 cup coconut oil to 1/4 cup beeswax (which will provide enough lip balm to last a year or longer).


Add a couple drops of Vitamin E oil and stir. Put in microwave and heat until it is all melted. 


Be careful taking it out of microwave as it will be very hot. Stir and allow to cool to room temperature when it will become lip balm/hand salve consistency. 


I filled small plastic tubs to keep handy in my purse, car, bathroom, etc. I bought these at a beauty supply store for .79 each. My son has allergies, and this works very well for his skin issues.


5 comments:

Penny said...

We certainly need this during this cold winter. My skin looks like its been through a battle no matter how much cream/lotion I slather on. Fun recipe!

Penny said...

We certainly need this during this cold winter. My skin looks like its been through a battle no matter how much cream/lotion I slather on. Fun recipe!

Gene Black said...

I have some beeswax in my soapmaking supplies (somewhere) I need to get some containers and make some of this.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very neat. You never know what is in the stuff you buy and it's so expensive only to find that you don't like it. Can you add flavorings to your recipe?

Its All About Creating said...

Great recipe! Thanks.