Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sewing Room

This extra bedroom is my "sewing room", but actual sewing happens less often these days. I've tried to start calling it my "studio" or my "crafting room", but nothing else feels right. I guess it will always be my "sewing room". 

What do you call the space where you create things???????

Here is my cutting table that always seems to be cluttered with other things. Two of my weavings along with numerous gifts, swaps, and giveaways are on the wall.


This is the top of the chest of drawers that stores many of my supplies. Once again, there are treasured gifts and giveaway wins sitting among my own creations.


Finally, here is my desk top in front of a great window. It always holds what I'm working on at any given time. Today it's silk cocoon mini-books. I made the alpaca teddy bear for my daughter a few years ago, but he has since lost an eye, so he patiently waits to have his sight restored. The rust-dyed fabrics are just waiting for an idea. 


The rest of this room is occupied by a bed, a nightstand, and a bookshelf. It's not a large room, but I work best in a cozy space. Plus, it has the best window! 

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice spot to create! Look at that snow through your window! I call my room, "My Room".
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

I call my sewing/crafting room "the living room" because it is. ha ha. Since I am a man and live alone, I can get away with it.

The Other Barb said...

I call mine..sewing room. I love your sewing room. I especially love the windows & the view from them~

Penny said...

I call mine my studio, even if the washer and dryer sit against one wall. Because, over the years, I've done so many crafts I couldn't narrow it down to just one thing. These days however I might change it to 'my doll room'. Your sewing room is wonderful -- thanks for the tour.

Its All About Creating said...

Oh my gosh, it is spectacularly wonderful!!!! Brought a tear to my eye when I spotted the piece above your loom work. Your studio reflects your creative spirit and passion. Beautiful.