Saturday, March 28, 2015

NOT Chicken Parts

Rusty objects (nails, screws, old metal tools, bottle caps, etc.) are wrapped inside vinegar-soaked fabric, then tied tightly into these bundles with jute (any kind of string will do). This time I'm using some printed fabric as well as some plain. I got the printed fabric idea from Kathyinozarks who recently shared some of her hand-dyed pieces in a swap with me. This plastic bin will be closed and sit at least overnight in a warm-ish place (in front of a heat vent) before I take another photo of the results, which I will post next. The surprise of this is so much fun! 


5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love seeing you do this. I keep thinking "I should try that" but really? I don't need anything else to do.

Penny said...

Oh, doesn't this look like fun. Almost like Christmas when its time to unwrap. Thank heavens your furnace is fixed so you have a handy vent.

Penny said...

Oh, doesn't this look like fun. Almost like Christmas when its time to unwrap. Thank heavens your furnace is fixed so you have a handy vent.

kathyinozarks said...

the surprises are the very best part of hand dyeing-hugs

Its All About Creating said...

The wrapping is as artistic as the process and end result. What fun.