Sunday, March 22, 2015

Post Card Quilt

I made this scrappy "Post Card Quilt" a long time ago. It's King-sized and made of nostalgic fabrics -- mostly leftovers from toddler dresses I made for our daughter. The second photo shows the hand-quilting I did, which is amazing to me as I could never do that now. I don't think I ever thought to post this on my blog, but our furnace is broken and I got this quilt out last night to stay warm. Then the idea to post it here came to me. The furnace will be fixed tomorrow. Why does it always break down on a weekend?!



8 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I can appreciate all your hard work-stay warm-hubs

Gene Black said...

Wow....I have never hand quilted more than a few inches on someone else's quilt.

Starr White said...

Just beautiful! and oh, the memories :)

Penny said...

Oh my, what patience and endurance this shows. Its lovely, filled with memories and lots and lots of stitches.

Penny said...

Oh my, what patience and endurance this shows. Its lovely, filled with memories and lots and lots of stitches.

Alex said...

If the furnace has to break down it will ALWAYS do so at the worst possible time! Murphy's Law!! But what a beauty to snuggle under and keep warm. The thought of hand quilting something that size just makes me gasp with awe.

Its All About Creating said...

So impressive! What a beautiful quilt! And I love the story behind it. You are a true artist!

Barb said...

Things break down or the kids would get sick on the weekends to where it would always cost more. Love the quilt.