Monday, March 16, 2015

Soapmaking

I make soap the cold-processed way (with lye) because it's how my daughter taught me. I guess it's the most traditional way, and I like that, but it definitely is not the easiest way. Also, I find it hard to make really pretty soap this way, but I try. I wanted some spring color, so I swirled some green and lavender oxide pigment on top of these soaps. Still not really pretty, but at least a bit of color. They are now just starting six weeks of curing. Once soap is used, it's not pretty anyhow, so I guess it doesn't matter!  


5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I gave up on making "pretty" soap with cold process. Mine has a rustic look and that is fine. It gets me clean AND is kind to my skin.

Penny said...

Interesting colors that you achieved. As they are used any hard edges will soon soften.

Penny said...

Interesting colors that you achieved. As they are used any hard edges will soon soften.

kathyinozarks said...

turned out awesome I think-

Its All About Creating said...

Very awesome! I think they are beautiful.